Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Review: The Next Big Thing

On Monday, I posted a review of a rather solid point-and-click adventure by Pendulo Games. It has charm. Fans of the genre should probably check it out.

One of the game's writers e-mailed me this morning and was really pleased that I mentioned magical realism in the review, as he said that he had been reading Borges's "The Aleph" and some of his other stories while the game was in the pre-production stages and that he had avoided overtly referring to some of his literary influences in order to avoid appearing "snobbish." I was really gratified that he liked the review and that I managed to pick up on its influences.

The game has a really quirky plot, and I mean that in a good way.

More here:

Review: The Next Big Thing

No comments:

Post a Comment