Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Vulnerable Icons and the Bat's Need for a Cat

And I'm still talking about Batman: Arkham City?

It's a highly competent game, the actual ending of which saved it from seeming like a soulless version of the first game. However, I wasn't aware of the fact that there is another "ending" to the game (I guess I was aware that the possibility of such an ending existed, but I forgot about the choice that leads to it almost immediately after making it in the game), and it is the interesting implementation of the "Catwoman" ending that I decided to talk about.

I'm working on some things right now concerning boys, gender roles, and how those roles are reflected/encouraged through game objectives, so the broader implications of male-female gender roles suggested by the conclusion was of interest to me.

Vulnerable Icons and the Bat's Need for a Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment