Monday, September 23, 2013

Moving Pixels Podcast: A Game of Mines, Maps, and Madness

I'm glad we got in the Way Back Machine (way back being merely the beginning of the year) to discuss Kentucky Route Zero. Firstly, because on this my third playthrough, I yet again discovered things I hadn't seen or realized were present in the game before. Secondly, because I wrote a little bit about it earlier in the year, but probably not as much as the game deserves.

The game is so very smart, so very fun, and so very challenging (from an intellectual perspective, not a ludic one). The kind of game I truly love, the puzzle, the labyrinth, the joke of attempting to unweave the inscrutable (that joke that has defined three decades or so of whatever I am).

Moving Pixels Podcast: A Game of Mines, Maps, and Madness

No comments:

Post a Comment