Friday, June 27, 2014

Fleeing the Familiar, Embracing the Abject in Beyond Two Souls

A couple of years ago, I taught a graduate level course on interactive fiction. A student of mine named Kate Worzala produced an essay for that class on Tale of Tales's game The Path that I thought was good enough to encourage her to submit to PopMatters.

This year I taught an undergraduate version of that course. Again, I had a student, in this case, Paul Grosskopf, who produced a paper that I really felt should be published. So, here it is, an essay that uses Julia Kristeva's definition of "the abject" to help explore the relationship between the two protagonists of Beyond Two Souls.

Check it out. It's quite good.

Fleeing the Familiar, Embracing the Abject in Beyond Two Souls

No comments:

Post a Comment