Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Horror with Friends

Had a ton of fun insisting that Sarra play the free-to-play horror game, The Cursed Forest. An audience gathered and much screaming commenced. Always a pleasure.

Even though I'm generally not a huge fan of horror as a genre (I'm not really into gore for gore's sake), the game is really rather superb (plus, it's more creepy than gory--more what I do like when I actually enjoy horror). Really smart design in terms of evoking horror and playing with player expectation.

If you haven't heard of it, you should check it out because it's free and it's good. The developer is not a native English speaker, so don't blame him for the sometimes less than stellar flavor text. Frankly, if the game could have the text cleaned up a bit (and/or insert some visual intro and conclusion, rather than text at all), I think he could sell it on Steam quite successfully for a low price (it's pretty short--about an hour and a half). It would be well reviewed, I think.

Horror with Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment