Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth and the Transformative Power of the Monstrous Body

An essay on the body and The Binding of Isaac, not something that I haven't exactly done before. Then again, Rebirth is a remake of the original, so it isn't like playing it isn't exactly a thing I haven't done before either. Nevertheless, the grotesque and the way that the body communicates remains a topic that I find inescapable personally. It gets stuck in my craw.

I may, however, have to spend some time this winter on a few projects that are related to this kind of idea that have been brewing in my brain for some time now (something with Watchmen at least, though there are some other things that continue to ping the back of my brain). These may be things I go to print with, though. I kind of need to move back to more formal, more traditional scholarly publications for a little bit I think.

I kind of need to make it clear that I still "have it" if I want to bother with the "right way" of doing things. I haven't published anything in print since I wrote on Palahniuk's Invisible Monsters and Choke a few years ago. Tick tock. Time to put in some time again.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth and the Transformative Power of the Monstrous Body

No comments:

Post a Comment