Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Butterfly Project

The Butterfly Project is an organization in Manila that takes in young girls that are victims of rape. As the name implies, it is an organization about transformation, moving girls away from their past and towards a new future. I support this organization and highly recommend anyone to do so.

While I don't feel strongly about their current campaign's indictment of 50 Shades of Gray (I'll be "boycotting" the film anyway, but that's simply because I think its material is garbage), they are correct that hurting girls isn't sexy, and, again, I think donating to their cause is an excellent use of resources. These people are doing something important for other people.

My prayers are with them and with the girls that they help.

The Butterfly Project

No comments:

Post a Comment