Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Danganronpa Considers the Consequences of Paternalism and the Horrors of Boredom

I've spent the last week and a half off and on with Dangonronpa and Danganronpa 2. I've finished the first game, and I'm about halfway through the second, I think.

I'm really in love with the series, which reminds me in terms of its character development and tone of Persona 3 and Persona 4. It isn't a JRPG, resembling something much more like the games in the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney series, but it really is like Persona or some of the better Final Fantasy games (like VI and VII) in its ability to balance serious scenes and themes alongside the zany and absurd.

The games aren't especially innovative, just examples of really good storytelling.

Danganronpa Considers the Consequences of Paternalism and the Horrors of Boredom

No comments:

Post a Comment