Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Every Girl's Crazy 'Bout a Sharp Dressed Avatar


I've been interested in clothing as a mode of communication for some number of years. Part of it stems from my appreciation of the way that Tim Gunn talks about clothing but part of it derives from some stray comments from a professor I had in graduate school about self presentation in the classroom. In any case, I have written about the semiotics of character customization before in reviewing games in the Grand Theft Auto series (especially San Andreas) and in Bully. While Rockstar has especially impressed me in the way that they link character customization to meaningful interactions in their game world, I have been thinking about the idea in a few recent games, which resulted in the following post:

Every Girl's Crazy 'Bout a Sharp Dressed Avatar

No comments:

Post a Comment