Friday, February 25, 2011

Review: Mario Sports Mix


Jorge Albor and Scott Juster of ExperiencePoints.net have recently been talking a lot about difficulty and challenge in Nintendo products. I have mentioned there that while I personally admire the steep difficulty of New Super Mario Bros., what I especially admire in that game is its ability to allow players of unequal skill (especially younger gamers) to play alongside players of considerably more skill (especially the Nintendo generation parents of such younger children), allowing everyone to play with the right degree of challenge.

So, it is ironic that I just got done playing Mario Sports Mix, another Nintendo product, and my biggest gripe about the game is its inability to successfully handle providing the right challenge to the right players:

Mario Sports Mix

No comments:

Post a Comment