Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Could You Carry Our Stuff? Oh, and Maybe the Plot, Too, While You're at It

So, I've spent the last week and a half or so with Dead Island (among a few other odds and ends). I think the gameplay is quite good, the game lags a bit in the middle (and also seems much more suited to multiplayer than my own single player tendencies at that point in play), and it has a serviceable plot.

What I got interested in this week was the charcter Jin, who is not one of the playable characters, but instead, an NPC that doubles as a storage container for the PCs.

Strangely much of the plot's burden is left to this mobile storage device rather than to the ostensible protagonists, so I talk a bit about the perspective that that gives one on the game's story.

Could You Carry Our Stuff? Oh, and Maybe the Plot, Too, While You're at It

No comments:

Post a Comment