Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Necessary Failure: Some Late Thoughts on The Path

I'm late (very, very late) to the party on talking about The Path. I have played and written about Fatale, which I admire, but I hadn't looked at Tale of Tales most successful game.

It's a bit slow to get going, and while initially its controls seem agonizingly irritating, once the concepts of the game begin to become clear and how they relate to those controls (which theme and gameplay are definitely related here), the game is pretty engrossing.

I am aware of some of the thinking on this game, and while I obviously agree with most about its overall theme (the loss of innocence), I think that I might present a slightly different view of what Tale of Tales is communicating about that process in this revision of the Little Red Riding Hood story.

Necessary Failure: Some Late Thoughts on The Path

No comments:

Post a Comment