Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Review: The Sims 3: Pets

Much of my review of The Sims 3: Pets is informed by my general distaste for sandbox-style play. I've mentioned at various times that I am a gamer more than a player. In other words, I like some rules, boundaries, and whatnot to guide me towards goals; I have a difficult time making up my own goals.

Thus, I have always weirdly preferred the more narrative-driven console versions of The Sims, despite their undeniably dumb storytelling and goofy plots. This console version of The Sims seems to me to be less "dumb" than previous console iterations, maintaining the series strengths in emergent narrative instead (which is what the more sandbox-style of Sims excels), while also putting me on enough of a leash, satisfying my more "gamer-y" tendencies.

I think the review clarifies what I mean a bit more coherently:

The Sims 3: Pets

No comments:

Post a Comment