Monday, April 23, 2012

A Love Letter to Ms. Pac-Man

Don't tell my wife, but there is room in my heart for one woman besides her. And that woman, of course, is Ms. Pac-Man.

I talked about Ms. Pac-Man on our recent podcast about video games, writing this piece was what partly created a desire in me to revisit arcade games with Rick Dakan and Mike Schiller.

I have a real thing for this particular arcade game, though, largely because I think that it represents what video games are in the most elegant way possible. I also think that it is rather masterfully designed (which is what lends itself to that elegant expression of the medium on the whole).

However, it would be easiest to explain my feelings by just getting to the mushy stuff more directly:

A Love Letter to Ms. Pac-Man

No comments:

Post a Comment