Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Trolling the Player: Punk Aesthetics and the "Anti-Fun" of Suda 51's Games

Doesn't anyone listen to punk anymore?

I may sound condescending, but I often feel like I need to explain what punk is to just about everyone around me. That punk wants to provoke discomfort, regardless of how offensively that provocation might be to liberals, conservatives, your mom, or your dog, is something I feel like no one "gets" anymore.

In a culture so worried about words and who is going to be offended by what, we sure don't seem interested in intentionality. We just indict, indict, indict. It's the New Puritanism, and I can't bear it.

That isn't exactly what this article is about, though, just my own vague tangental musings.

This is about Suda 51 and how he tells me to "fuck off" whenever I play his games and how I kind of love him for it.

Trolling the Player: Punk Aesthetics and the "Anti-Fun" of Suda 51's Games

No comments:

Post a Comment