Thursday, October 29, 2015

The Moving Pixels Podcast Spends Halloween with The Music Machine

I suppose with Halloween coming up and all that, I should mention the Moving Pixels podcast from Monday concerning an indie horror game, The Music Machine. Personally, I wasn't totally wild about the game, but as always, there are some interesting things to talk about regardless.

I'm kind of more fascinated by just the conception of a horror game made "Solo Deo Gloria" (that is, "for the glory of God alone"). David Szymanski is not the only artist that I'm aware of that has made similar claims about the motivating force behind their work (the poet Dylan Thomas, for example, immediately comes to mind). I've just never heard anyone who worked dominantly in the horror genre claim that motive for creativity. It's interesting.

Of course, anything unusual tends to interest me. My wife always says that if I met a redhead that was missing an eye and had a peg leg, that I would immediately run off with her.

The Moving Pixels Podcast Spends Halloween with The Music Machine

No comments:

Post a Comment