Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lara Croft: The Arcade Game, Considering Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light


Man, I'm writing a lot this month. Wait, maybe that's just what I do every month.

In any case, my latest blog post, which is doubling as a review, is out. It concerns the Tomb Raider "reboot" Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, which I found to rather tasty fun. It also really wasn't at all what I was expecting.

This Lara Croft adventure (IMO) has a real coin-op arcade game kind of feel to it that is very different from the traditional action/adventure style that Lara helped to pioneer.

This isn't high art, but it is good fun. And sometimes that is all one needs from a new title (and also seems part of the point in the case of this game).

More over at PopMatters:

Lara Croft: The Arcade Game, Considering Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

No comments:

Post a Comment