Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Little Naked Men in Hats

Did you know that if you title a blog post "Little Naked Men in Hats" that you will have hundreds of hits in the first seven minutes following it going live? It's true.

That being said, my discussion of Fez (a game about a little naked man in a hat) focuses on the game's ending for the most part and what I think it suggests about the nature of games, which is: it's the play, stupid.

I know that a lot of people are intrigued by the community springing up around the game (and I am, too), but I wanted to discuss some of what the game seems to be suggesting about our relationship to the pixel because everybody else is writing nice pieces already about the community thing. Hunting three dimensional pixels (cubes) is the central interest of the game, after all.

I will also be discussing my interpretation of the game's unusual ending on next Monday's Moving Pixels podcast. In some ways, I think that I probably explained my thinking on it better verbally than in writing. However, there are definitely a few thoughts that I had about it that are only present in my written post:

Little Naked Men in Hats

No comments:

Post a Comment