Thursday, January 31, 2013

Review: DmC: Devil May Cry

While I generally like blogging, I don't really like what it has done to my reviews. Because I tended to write review essays, my reviews used to have some interest to them, some more central idea to explore. Now, most of the more interesting thoughts I have on a game make their way into the blog, and I end up writing something like boilerplate reviews.

This isn't really great salesmanship for my newest review. It is far too boilerplate but maybe just saying this will remind me to try to return to form in some way. I hope.

DmC is good by the way, not knock-your-socks-off amazing, but it is good fun to play and to experience its antics. Rebooting was a good choice. The new Dante is emo, but he actually manages to make you care a bit about he and his friends once in awhile. Weird for a Devil May Cry.

DmC: Devil May Cry

No comments:

Post a Comment