Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Other Princesses, Other Castles: The Problem with Playing Romantically in Video Games

I've found myself in recent years writing a lot about sexuality and sex roles and how they are expressed in video games. My newest Movng Pixels column revisits this topic and does some of the things that I've done before with it, like considering how mechanics express romantic concepts. Additionally, I do an abbreiviated survey of romance in video games, all of which is related to a larger project that this column is serving as a bit of a dry run for.

So, hopefully, this column is of interest because it represents some ideas that I want to express in a more formal way in the nearish future.

Other Princesses, Other Castles: The Problem with Playing Romantically in Video Games

No comments:

Post a Comment