Monday, October 3, 2011

The Moving Pixels Podcast on CivWorld and Social Gaming

As my post from last week indicates, I (and my Moving Pixels colleagues) have been spending time with CivWorld on Facebook. Like any social game, it is engaging on some level, drawing the player back in regularly to maintenance his "segment" of the game.

Also, as I indicated in my previous post, this is also a game that lacks some ability to keep the player hooked, largely because it fails to establish a strong enough sense of ownership for the player over his own corner of this particular universe.

But you can hear not only what I have to say about it but also Nick and Rick's sense of the game's strengths and weaknesses.

The Moving Pixels Podcast on CivWorld and Social Gaming

No comments:

Post a Comment