Wednesday, June 24, 2015

“Footsteps in Movies” and Other Strange Notions about the Authenticity of Media

So, I'm totally scrambling for something to write about the other night. So, I say to my wife, "I just need a good quote to riff on."

I grab a copy of Chuck Palahniuk's Doomed and find a great quote, but it would work better for an article on The Talos Principle, and I haven't finished that yet.

I go back to the bookshelf and pull down Point Omega by Don Delillo, and I find a brief conversation about "footsteps in movies."

What results is the following essay, an essay that I'm pretty pleased with that considers how authenticity is established and challenged by our expectations about media.

“Footsteps in Movies” and Other Strange Notions about the Authenticity of Media

No comments:

Post a Comment